Search This Blog

Thursday, 26 April 2012

New UKBA Post-study work rules effective April 2012

Working after your studies is now subject to Tier 2 (Skilled worker) VISA. The earlier Post Study work visa is now replaced with the Tier 2 Visa to attract QUALIFIED/TALENTED international graduates who can work in the UK subject to getting a Certificate of Sponsorhip from an Employer and meet criteria such as:

*Working with an annual salary of GBp20,000 or more (Average graduate an
d post graduate salary in the UK is GBP25000 and GBP28000 per annum), AND

* Completiong of a Resident Labour Market test (not displacing a local resident for a job), OR

* get a Job in the Shortage Occupation list, AND

* show Maintenance funds, AND

* have sufficient English language skills

The above requirements are NOT very different to OTHER countries such USA, Australia where a similar requirement is in place.
Getting a degree from one of the TOP UK Universities will help increase your chances of meeting the above critera to be eligible for a Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa. Contact us for guidance !!

No comments:

Post a comment